Monday, October 8, 2012

A Little Bit of Fall Fun!

I truly love fall! I love the changing of seasons, I love the cooler weather and one of my favorite parts are all the fun crafts and activities to do with my kids. I was determined to squeeze a couple of fall activities in before the baby gets here. I guess I sort of succeeded. I really was hoping for a trip to the pumpkin patch but we are officially out of time and only TWO days away from becoming a family of 6! I checked out a bunch of fall books from the library last week, so we have been doing lots of reading! Here a few of them.

Then we made pumpkin bread. This is definitely one of my favorite fall traditions with my family. This year Avery got to join in the fun!
Ready to help!
And then I forgot to take any pictures of the finished product, but I can assure you it was enjoyed by all! Today was our last official day just at home, and just the girls. I really wanted to just enjoy my girls and have a fun day. So that's what we did! Not much got done around the house but when Aubrey said "this has been such a fun last girls only day" it made the whole day worth it! We all cuddled on the couch in our jammies after breakfast and watched Beauty and the Beast. We don't watch much tv anymore, so this was definitely a treat for all of us. Then we got dressed and went for a little nature walk down the street to collect "fall" leaves.
Avery just enjoyed hanging out in the wagon.
Then we came home and sorted our leaves.
Then they stuck some of their favorites to contact paper...
To create Leaf Window Art!

1 comments:

Melodie said...

ahh i love fall too! i just pulled out from the oven, a batch of pumpkin muffins. because tomorrow is a pumpkin themed day with lots of fun crafts. and leaf collecting is next on my list!
can't wait to see pictures of your new little man!