Friday, July 27, 2012

Our 18 Month Old Cutie

Little Avery Brenna turned 18 months this past week. A year and a half already! Goodness time just keeps flying. This girl is so so precious to me. She makes me smile! I seriously get so excited when it's time to get her up in the morning. She always cracks up laughing when I walk in, and she gives me the biggest hugs and sweetest cuddles. One very cute thing she does now is when we ask her for a kiss she leans in and says "mmm uah!". I mean really, how can that not melt my heart. I love her dearly. Now she is full of cute things all the time, but I do have to say that I think it's going to be this little girl that is going to give mommy and daddy more of a run for our money. You see, our two big girls are pretty quiet, great rule followers for the most part, and don't really push the limits too often. But Avery Brenna... I often find her sitting in the middle of the kitchen table or in the middle of the school table coloring to her hearts content on that same table, and she has found herself in time out quite often for hitting her sisters (hitting them hard with hard toys), or for biting, and she is a screamer. She is known to scream "mama" over and over, pretty loud mind you, until she gets what she needs. The word "no" doesn't seem to interrupt her playing quite like I had hoped. She is definitely a fun girl with a little spunk and little attitude! This girl loves her sisters so much, and they love her equally. They all exchange hugs, kisses and "I love you's" all day long. Here are some things she does at 18 months. She doesn't hardly say anything yet, she just doesn't seem interested, but she will nod yes or shake her head no at any question you throw at her. Like I mentioned earlier she says "mama", she also says "uh oh", "ball", sometimes she says "more", "this", and that's pretty much it :) . She knows what a puppy, a fish, a kitty, and a monkey says. One of my favorite things she does is when you ask her to show you her sad face she puts her little lip out and tilts her head. Then if you do back she cracks up laughing. I never get sick of that one. This is the only picture I have of her sad face, but I must get another one!

She is still just a tiny little girl, weighing in at only 19.1 pounds which put her in the whopping 0.79 percentile. She loves to "read" books out loud and I love to listen. She loves to sing and she sings some pretty cute little tunes. And she really loves to dance and jump and climb anything she can find!
Avery Brenna, we love you so much sweet girl. You make your whole family smile and we all love to pieces. I am so thankful that God chose me to be your mommy and I pray that I can teach you and guide you in the right direction and that you learn to love God with every ounce of your being one day.

0 comments: