I never knew toilet paper could be so entertaining! I got this idea from a friend of mine and have been waiting to try it out on my girls. I told the girls to go wait for me in the office, I handed them each one roll of toilet paper and said "here you go", and then I just walked out of the room to see what they would do with it. Well I thought they would just jump right in and start making stuff with it, but they just sat at the table talking to each other about it for a really long time. Here is a little glimpse into their conversation.
Aubrey- "What do you think we are going to do with this? I think we are going to glue it together."
Adalyn- "I think we are going to have a toilet paper dance!" (this was said is a very excited tone)
Aubrey - "No, we are going to do a craft. Or maybe we are going to wrap our hands and legs and everything on us", this was followed with lots of cute giggles.
After a few minutes I realized my little rule followers weren't going to do anything with that toilet paper because for some reason they were waiting on me, so unfortunately I had to do a little prompting. I came back in and told them they could do whatever they wanted to do with it. They just stared at me like I was crazy. I said "Have fun, make a mess!" And the rest is history. Here is how they entertained themselves with two rolls of toilet paper!
"Here you go"

Starting to get the hang of it. Here they are starting to unroll it all. 


It's snowing!
Adalyn had so much fun just throwing her roll in the air and watching all the toilet paper fly across the room. 

Aubrey then tried to design her very own toilet paper dress.

"Let's make a pile and then see if we can jump over it!"

Now lets just roll all around in it! "Can you see me mommy?"

Avery woke up from her nap in the midst of it and she got to join in the fun. 

And it was so easy to clean up. We grabbed a trash can and everyone participated in throwing it all away. They had a blast and now ask me everyday if they can play with toilet paper :)
Thursday, March 15, 2012
Toilet Paper Fun
Posted by The Skains Family at 12:41 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
well, this looks like a fun time. BUT if i did it, it would definitely start something. i would probably find toilet paper all over the house for a year. that's the difference when you have a non-rule-follower. ;)
I LOVE the simplicity of this!! These pictures made me want to jump in and create something too! Funny how my creative mind starting thinking, "Oh, girls... you could do this... or try this... or THAT would be awesome..." Hahaha. No wonder I don't have kids. I'm still THE KID. :) You are an awesome mommy. Love all of you!
I LOVE the simplicity of this!! These pictures made me want to jump in and create something too! Funny how my creative mind starting thinking, "Oh, girls... you could do this... or try this... or THAT would be awesome..." Hahaha. No wonder I don't have kids. I'm still THE KID. :) You are an awesome mommy. Love all of you!
Post a Comment