Tuesday, March 27, 2012

A New Venture

For years I have been wanting to plant a garden, but I am so bad with plants. I seriously can't keep anything alive! But I love being outside, and I love pretty plants and flowers and I really enjoy working in my yard when the weather is nice. So this year I decided I would give it a go. I figured I mine as well give it a try and see what happens. With starting our home school journey I wanted to have a little learning spot in the back yard that the girls and I could work on together. We headed to Lowes, picked out a few veggie seeds to plant, and I let them pick out a packet of flower seeds. I also bought some Azaleas because they are supposed to attract butterflies. We planted it last week and everyday the girls go out and check to see if they see anything yet. I can't wait for something to grow. I will keep you posted and hopefully it's with a cute garden!

Here is what we planted.



Planting the seeds. They thought this was so great.



And the best way to finish planting a garden is definitely with a popsicle.



We also made these cute flower hands as we talked about what seeds need to grow. I thought they turned out cute and thought it might give other mommies a fun idea.

0 comments: