We spent this past week in Ft. Worth and Arlington keeping busy with friends and family. We were originally supposed to go with Jeff while he had training but last minute it got cancelled. We decided to go ahead and stay anyways because we had to be there two weekends in a row. It was fun week. It was a stressful week. And most definitely an exhausting week! Two days into our trip I got sick with a sinus infection, and Avery decided she no longer wanted to sleep through the night anymore. I was running on very little sleep all week while feeling pretty icky. Not such a great combo. But we made the most of it, hung out with friends we never get to see and spent lots of time with Jeff's family. Here's a little glimpse into our week away.
The trip began with a fabulous bridal shower for Alicia that Melodie, Alicia's sister and I threw. Sadly the only picture I got. 
The next few days after that we spent at Melodie and Jeremy's house. I have no idea why my camera never came out again. What a bummer. I never got pics of our kids playing (or fighting), I never got pictures of our mini college reunion that we had and the billion of kids running around, and I very sadly didn't a single picture of our girls night with three of my best friends from college. Goodness how did that happen?!? But I can assure you it was fun!
Mid week we headed over to Jeff's brothers house and we stayed there for three nights. The girls had a blast playing with their cousins Reegan and Riley. 


We spent lots of time swimming and playing at Casey and Holly's house. The girls of course had so much fun with their cousins Kyley and Kolby.
All the girls sporting their fancy hats!
Our 4 kiddos had way too much fun together when went out for dinner together. They were all so cute playing together.
Cheers!


On friday I had a chance to meet my sweet friend Bekah and her two adorable boys for lunch. This girl is so dear to my heart and I miss her so much. She is just one of those women that I look up to in every way! She is actually a friend from San Diego and they too recently moved to Texas. I'm so thankful I get to see her occasionally now! 

Friday night and Saturday was more family time. I was just not good this past week about pictures so I hardly have any from friday night and not a single one from our big pool party on Saturday. Here are the few I got!

Here's Jeff's mom recovering so nicely. She had to covered up her stomach to keep the grandkids from trying to jump on her!
Wednesday, July 6, 2011
A Week Away
Posted by The Skains Family at 11:18 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment