Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Precious Adalyn Ella

The lastest happenings in Adalyn's life!
This girl is the sweetest little girl. She gives the best hugs and kisses and she seriously has the most kissable cheeks. I love that she will still cuddle with me. I can't believe 2 is just around the corner. I just wish time would slow down! I love you so much Adalyn and I love spending my days with you. I wouldn't have it any other way.

Her vocabulary has taken off lately, so here are a few things she now says!

* Adalyn loves the park! Anytime we mention the word park, or we drive by a park Adalyn gets very excited and starts saying very passionately "I park! Swing real high!".

* Adalyn is into being very independent these days. I guess this is from watching Aubrey all the time and wanting to be like her. Her favorite phrase these days is "my do it". This is what she says over and over when she doesn't want help from anyone. Whether that means trying to feed herself her yogurt, or climbing into the car and her carseat all by herself. Now, we don't always have time for "my do it", so it is sometimes followed by a pretty loud fit and screaming "my do it" over and over and over again!

* The other day we were driving by the airport and a plane was landing, coming right over our car. Adalyn began getting really excited and then said " I airplane! Tetas (Texas), real high". It made Jeff and I laugh! We haven't really said too much about our Texas trip in awhile, but she remembers it well!

* This girl is very aware of her surroundings while we are driving. Anytime we pass the library both girls get very excited. Adalyn always says "mommy read book!". And everytime we pass the pool at the YMCA she says "I pool, mommy hold you!". Both girls love love love the library and going to the pool! Good thing they are walking distance from our house.

* Adalyn also loves to play with her baby. Her baby is Baby Kate. Aubrey sometimes likes to "babysit" Baby Kate for Adalyn, even if Adalyn doesn't really need a "babysitter". The other day they were playing quite nicely outside together when Adalyn came running inside to tell me "My Baby Kate. Aubrey have it". First of all this surprised me because that was 6 words together that she said pretty clearly. But second of all she has never come to tattle on her sister before. She usually just screams really loudly at Aubrey and sometimes pulls her hair (we have been working on that one). So are we now entering the tattling stage?!?!

* I know I have mentioned time and time again that this girl's very favorite thing is to dress up. I could post probably at least 2 pictures everyday of her hilarious creations. The other day she found these boots in her closet, which are a pair of hand me downs from their cousins. She instanly began saying "help mommy" over and over. So here she is stylin in her new boots that are way too big for her! You should see her walk in these. Hilarious!

1 comments:

Bonky's Mom said...

I remember dressing up and LOVING wearing shoes that made noise. LOL

What cuties!