Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Daddy's Day!


We had such a wonderful time this weekend celebrating Jeff and the daddy and husband he is. Aubrey, Adalyn and myself are all so very blessed by him. Watching him be a daddy to these girls is so incredible and makes me fall head over heals for him over and over again. They are going to grow up learning how to respect him and think he can do know wrong, just the way I feel about my daddy. Being a daddy to little girls is a big job but Jeff does it well! We love you Jeffrey and we thank God for you everyday, sometimes even twice a day!

The weekend started out with a surprise date night for Jeff and I. I bought tickets to the Padres game for Saturday night. I was supposed to get a babysitter also, but I was having a hard time finding one so friday I asked Jeff for help. He asked a guy he worked with if his 17 year old daughter could babysit, and she did! Yay. She was great. A nice christian girl with her own car. Woo hoo. It's the little things that excite me these days. But Jeff and I had a blast at the game, even though they did loose. It was really close though.



Then on Sunday we had a lazy day. We skipped church (shhh), and Jeff got to sleep in while we (really just me), made him breakfast. Then that afternoon, after naps, we headed over to my parents house for dinner. I love getting to celebrate with my dad and my husband. My Papaw was there too, so all the girls had their Daddies!

Daddy reading his new book from the girls. It was the story of "The Greatest Daddy in the World"!


Daddy and his girls.



I love getting to spend time with my Papaw and I especially love watching my girls with their GP. They really do love him and always warm up to him pretty quickly.


And me and my Dad. I love this man! He was a great daddy to me as a little girl, always doing special things with his girls, and now as I'm a grown woman he still continues to be such an important part of my life. He loves his grandaughters and is such a great Papaw to them. I know not every girl has grown up with such a strong Godly man to look up to, and I am so very thankful for this blessing!

0 comments: