I am so blessed to be the mommy of these two girls. I couldn't ask for a better job. My days are definitely not always easy, but seeing these two sweet faces every day makes every moment worth it. They are such great sisters. They love to be together, and play together. They don't like to be seperated but they also don't really like to share their toys with each other. Aubrey is such a sweet big sister. She is always hugging Adalyn, helping her with all sorts of things and of course telling her "no" when she thinks she is misbehaving (gotta love the bossy big sister role). I have always prayed for my girls, from the moment I learned that Aubrey was growing inside me. I pray for them to learn how to obey Jeff and I and God, I pray for them to understand and grasp the depth of God's unconditional love for them at an early age, and I pray for the choices they make now and in the future. But one prayer that has just been weighing so heavily on my heart lately is about their relationship as sisters. I just so desire them to be close, to get along and to be protective of each other. But I don't mean just now, while they are young. I want them to be close for years to come. I want them to experience that close relationship that only sisters know. I know at times they will hurt each others feelings (they are girls), but I pray that they are able to quickly forgive each other. I know that the Lord has put this on my heart for a reason, as He is trying to mend the brokeness that I have experienced from a broken relationship with my own sister. I want to obedient to Him and really pray for these two and for myself and Jeff as we teach them how to treat each other. I want these sisters to always take care of each other, and to love each other no matter what. That is my prayer and my desire for my girls.
Wednesday, January 13, 2010
My Prayer
Posted by The Skains Family at 9:39 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
ah sweet post. and i will pray your relationship will be healed!
Love this post! Such a great reminder for all of us...I SO want my kiddos to be close, too...praying with you, girl!
I love this. It is a good reminder for me with my three girls. What a good momma you are!
Post a Comment