Saturday, September 12, 2015

Happy 7th Birthday Adalyn

This growing up stuff is hardest on mommy! Although I love watching each stage, it's so sad to watch the seasons fly by with the blink of an eye.



And just like that... my little Adalyn Ella turned 7 years old. It doesn't seem possible, because just a bit ago I was she was my little cutie 2 year old, with big cheeks, bright blue eyes and sitting perfectly on my hip. Sigh...

This girl is a joy! She is hysterical, and the older she gets the more and more her funny personality emerges. She always keeps our family laughing at her silliness and the incredibly funny things she says. She still keeps this mostly for her family, but she emerges and little bit each year from her shell. 




We had a fun day celebrating her turning 7. She was very adamant about how she wanted her day to go and she most definitely did not want to spend her day in the car. We could go somewhere, but her limit to the car was 10 minutes only! Ha! We had all sorts of ideas for her, but just like always, she had her mind made up! This girl has never had a hard time making decisions. She is possibly the most decisive person I have ever met. The morning of her birthday began with her favorite breakfast caserole, and then a couple of presents. Her big gift this year was a new bike so we all had fun outside watching her enjoy her new bike. The afternoon was spent at the pool with pizza for lunch (which I managed to get zero pictures of). The rest of the day was just spent at home. Jeff grilled chicken legs for the birthday girl, we opened a few more presents and enjoyed some lemon cupcakes. I think she enjoyed her day!!
















Adalyn Ella, you are such a precious girl and one of my greatest earthly treasures. I am beyond grateful that God allowed me to be your mommy and that I get to spend my days with you, watching you learn, hearing your heart and all the funny things you say. I am so proud of you sweet girl, and I pray daily for you, that you grow into a woman who loves your Lord wholeheartedly, the God will create a pure heart in you and that you will be bold and courageous in your faith. You are my dream come true, and beauty just pours out of you. God has big plans for you beautiful girl! Happy 7th Birthday!!

0 comments: