We really enjoyed celebrating her on her birthday. We started her day with cinnamon rolls, a couple of presents and then met some friends at the indoor park to play for a bit. However the camera didn't really come out until later in the day!
She got to open her present from her siblings first thing. Everyone is always anxious to give their present they picked out to the birthday girl (or boy)! Adalyn woke up sick that day , and ended up being strep throat, so she wasn't in much of a birthday mood.
They spent their tickets!
And since we refuse to eat at Chuck E Cheese, we headed to the birthday girls favorite... Pei Wei for dinner!
Everyone wanted to take some pictures with the birthday girl, even poor little Adalyn who was feeling pretty horrible.
We came home for presents and dessert, which she really wanted one of her mommy's home made apple pies for her birthday dessert.
This present was a little joke between her and Daddy. Every time I would ask her what she wanted for her birthday he would interrupt her and say "I'm going to get you a bag of rocks!". Well that's what he did. This is her opening her bag of rocks. She was cracking up about this. But under the rocks was $50. Ha! She had been wanting a closet for her American Girl doll but we wanted her to get to pick out what she wanted. And that's what she ended up doing!
Aubrey Claire, I can not believe you are now 8 years old. You put a smile on me face daily by always hugging me, your willing heart to help me and all the littles out, by your desire to spend time with Daddy and I and just by your sweet tender heart. God gave you such a sensitive spirit and the gift of compassion and giving. I can't wait to see how God uses you and your gifts as you grow to know Him more and more. I pray daily for you sweet girl, that as you grow in your relationship with Him that you learn to seek Him wholeheartedly day after day. I love you so much and I am so proud of you. Happy Birthday to my big 8 year old!




0 comments:
Post a Comment