So, in less that 48 hours we will be welcoming the 7th member of our family! Wow! I can't believe it's time. But before that happens I need to catch up on what has been going on here in our home for the last few weeks. We have been rapidly preparing for our little girls arrival. We even had some construction done in our house to make room for her. We closed off our small play room upstairs to make it into a room for her a couple of weeks ago.
Here's her new room!
One evening a few weeks ago, I had my book study night with a friend of mine, and when I got home I found these two in the nursery with the crib all set up! It's almost ready to go, and then I will post some more pictures of the final product.
Also, our sweet second oldest lost her very first tooth, actually the night of our American Girl trip!
And her surprise under her pillow was $2 plus a coupon for a family night out for frozen yogurt! She was pretty excited to join her big sister in all of this loosing teeth business.
He just wants his own bowl and spoon now. Getting too big!
Not the best picture of the big pregnant chic but the only one of Avery and I.
School has been moving right along. My goal was to get in 4 weeks before baby and on Thursday we finished up. Now we are onto another 4 week break before we pick it back up again. It's been going pretty good so far though. As long as I can keep Landon happy and occupied we get our work done. It's not always in one sitting, we often have to come back and finish during his nap but we are figuring it out a day at a time. Of course once our newest girl is here we are going to have to figure it out all over again!
We have done a few crafts, not many this year, but I'm trying to squeeze some in per my girlies request.
This one only Adalyn got to do as she has been learning about the seasons. Aubrey really wanted to do one too, but 2nd grade is proving to have a lot more work. Poor girl just never had time to do one also.

This was a really fun craft that was actually part of Aubrey's curriculum, but all three girls had so much fun doing one. We just shaved some old crayons onto wax paper with the name Jesus. We then put another piece of wax paper on top, quickly ran the iron over it to melt the crayon, and they turned into beautiful window art. Aubrey has been learning a lot about the name Jesus and that He is the light of the world. It went along with her verse of the week, John 8:12 "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness but will have the light of life".

Landon wanted to try making one too. Ha! I gave him some paper with a little bit of glue, and that kept him entertained for quite awhile. Whatever it takes!
And just because I want to show a glimpse of what our school room looks like occasionally after a busy school morning. Wow! Kind of takes your breath away.
Adalyn was actually helping pick up. Landon just enjoys dumping everything out that has a billion pieces. He's learning very quickly how to pick up a mess. So how am going to juggle all of this plus a newborn in the next few weeks? I have no idea! Yikes!
















1 comments:
I'm really not sure how you're doing it. I need HELP!
Post a Comment