Monday, November 4, 2013

Leaves, Apples, and Pumpkins!

That's what our fall school time has all centered around. We have had so much fun and done some fun activities that I thought I would share.

Leaves...
We collected leaves, read about leaves,  did some math lessons and of course fun crafts.

Our leaf collection. We put them in different groups, and did some fun addition problems with them too. 

 Then some leaf rubbings. They loved this!


And then some leaf window art.





Then it was on to apple week! We lined them up in order, counted them, had a taste test of lots of different kinds, made an apple crisp (yum), and some apple crafting of course.
 
 







 
Making apple crisp with my girls and our taste test. They all chose a different apple that was their favorite, and now everytime we go to the grocery store they all are now asking for a specific kind of apple. Geesh!

This one loved the apple crisp.
 This one not so much... weird. She is the one that LOVES apples the most in our family.
We also made these cute apple trees. I love how they turned out.



And then it was on to pumpkins. We started with a trip to the pumpkin patch and then did a few activities throughout the week.







We carved a super ugly pumpkin, ha! I forgot money when we went to the pumpkin patch, so I told the girls that I would stop by HEB later that evening and pick one up. Well... I did go to HEB, however they have no good pumpkins, just really ugly ones. But I couldn't disappoint. The next morning, when the girls saw the pumpkin, well they were shocked first of all and not because I bought a pumpkin, but because I bought an ugly pumpkin. But those sweet girls never called it ugly, they just kept saying "that is a really weird pumpkin mommy!". And we went ahead and carved it, and then threw it away the next day.



We also painted some little pumpkins. They love to paint so anytime I bring the paint out they are all excited!


This was a  pumpkin seed craft we did on Halloween morning. It turned out pretty cute. We were short on pumpkin seeds, but other than that it was a hit. We also made pumpkin bread and talked a lot about the life cycle of a pumpkin. It was definitely a fun week around here!

And to end pumpkin week... here was the one and only picture I got on Halloween this year. We went to a nearby church for their fall festival and I just wasn't in a camera mood for some reason. Luckily this one turned out of our four cuties!




0 comments: