Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Playing Catch Up... again!

Once upon a time, at least one kid ago but more like two, I was able to blog so many great things that we were up too, cute things the girls were saying, all sorts of firsts etc. etc. Well now things are a lot different and there is very little mommy time left anymore, so all of the exciting things that are happening here in the Skains's household no longer get their very own post. Every month or so I realize all the things that have happened and have not been documented and that's when I have one big catch all blog post. So here is my catch up post!

We have been trucking along with our school work. But we haven't done many fun crafts lately, so after the girls kept asking to paint we decided to make these pretty flower pictures.


 


 This girl could paint all day. She loves it!
 The flowers were made of rolled up construction paper.


 The finished product. Pretty cute!
 That same day, they weren't done painting, so in honor of booking our vacation we decided to make a beach scene. Avery's attention checked out before she could finish!

 
Avery has had this baby for a while now, and actually very rarely plays with her. The other day though, she was holding her and I asked her what her baby's name was. She looked at me for a second, then said "Lalalala". Haha! I responded "her name is Baby Lala?". Avery said "Yes!". So there you have it, Avery named her first baby. And now she plays with her often and sleeps with her. All because she has a name now!
This little guy loves his jumperoo these days! He just jumps and jumps and laughs and laughs. It's so cute and it's a good thing he loves it so because he is kind of there a lot.




These two... my oldest and my baby. My oldest has her first loose tooth, sniff sniff. How can this be? And my baby has his first two teeth. So we have some loose teeth, and some new teeth!
 A couple of weeks ago, I decided we needed some kind of pool in our back yard that the big girls could play in a lot this summer. I knew it would be difficult for me to take everyone to the neighborhood pool alone. So I told Jeff I think we needed a bigger pool, he agreed and then we ended up with a really big pool. I mean with a filter and chlorine and all! It's no inground pool, but it's the next best thing for us at least.  It has been so great and finally the big girls have learned to swim. Avery is loving it too, and I have a feeling she will be swimming in no time, definitely before she is four (no offense Aubrey and Adalyn). They are able to go everyday now, and it's been perfect for the big girls and I to use while the little two nap. So far so good! Just wondering why we didn't do this sooner.

Oh this girl and her goggles (upside down goggles mind you) crack me up!


My sweet little guy turned eight months old! He is just so darn sweet, and I just love him to pieces. He is a little babbler these days, always talking, blowing raspberries and trying his best to be heard above his three big sisters. He still loves to eat and has loved every fruit and veggie that I have made him. He is rolling around to everywhere he needs to get. Still no crawling and I'm perfectly okay with that. He is finally learning to sit up a little bit, but it doesn't last long before he falls over. He is just a happy guy and he most definitely has me wrapped around his finger!


And that's a wrap! I know I'm forgetting a few things, so I may have to add on later.


0 comments: