Last weekend our very dear friends, friends we originally met in San Diego and now live in the DFW area, came and spent the weekend with us. It's hard for me to even put into words what this weekend meant to us honestly. I knew that the weekend would be just what our family needed. This family walks in step with the Lord daily, and Christ's love seriously just shines through them. I felt like we had a free weekend of marraige counseling, and family counseling and we were so challenged spirirtually. It was a blast to be with them. They are hysterical first of all, but the fact that our conversations with them where almost always Christ centered says so much about their character. They are about to adopt a sweet boy named Titus from Uganda, and then in the fall they will be moving to Uganda as missionaries for six months. We talked a lot about the work, the mission that God has for both of our families. The mission that is WAY bigger than anything I could imagine, but I know God is at work in our family, in our hearts and He has something for us, some way to use us to further His kingdom. I don't what, I don't know when, and I surely don't know how, but I do know our purpose on this earth as believers and followers of Him, is kingdom work. Jeff and I talked a lot after they left about our families mission, and I love these kinds of conversations with my husband. I'm excited to see what's in store for us, but I know He has a lot of work to do in us first. So right now, we are seeking Him, reading His word and waiting. I know God placed the Suther Family in our lives for a reason almost six years ago, and he has blessed that relationship tremendously. I'm thankful for them and their so very sweet family! God is using this family in a might way! Here are some pictures of our fun together.
On a side note...an hour before they showed up on friday Adalyn threw up everywhere, but fortunately she was fine be Saturday, but then Aubrey was sick with fever on Saturday. Poor Aubrey was miserable so she wasn't around much and in zero pictures. Sad!
We got a new little pool in our backyard that I think will be perfect for us. It's just too difficult for me to take everyone to the neighborhood pool alone, so this has been great. Jeff and I can even get in! The kids swam a ton while they were visiting.
I know Jeff doesn't like me ever talking about potential marraiges, but if I could choose (which I know I can't but, but I CAN pray haha!) I would choose these cute boys for two of my girls. Adalyn and Levi do look pretty cute there don't they. Jeff is going to kill me for that!
A little practice before they have a new one as well!
Adalyn loved Kyle. She gave him great big hugs while he was here, and if you know her at all, she doesn't do that to many people.
Love this girl!











0 comments:
Post a Comment