Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Before the Heat...

We have been completely enjoying the beautiful weather outside for the last few weeks. The girls have been practically living outside, swinging, riding bikes, building who knows what with sticks and rocks and just being kids.  I know that brutal Texas summer is just around the corner. I'm already swatting mosquito's and we hear those mosquito trucks at night, so we are taking full advantage of the great outdoors and enjoying as much time as possible outside before we can't stand the heat! I'm still missing that San Diego year round perfect weather! But for now I will be thankful for the spring and all the beautiful days we have enjoyed and the ones ahead.

Last week we enjoyed some great family time. We went and fed the ducks and then played at the park. Such fun!





We have done tons of bike riding. The big girls are getting really good and comfortable on their bikes and I think we have Aubrey convinced that it's time to remove the training wheels. The big girls also joined Jeff on their first ride all the way to the park. They made it there, but not after a few tears according to Jeff. Adalyn got pretty scared of some of the hills but in the end she was brave after Daddy had to do some convincing and pushing! Avery still can't quite reach the peddles on her tricycle but hopefully she will be riding with her big sisters soon.




This past weekend Jeff decided to tie a jump rope to Avery's little cozy coupe car and pull the girls around. They all loved it and they were cracking up. I admit I had to turn away every now and then because I thought for sure the jump rope was going to break and they were going to go flying down the street. But they all survived!




Aubrey was trying to pull Adalyn with her bike. Jeff and I got a big laugh out of watching this.

0 comments: