Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Happy Easter!

We really had a great Easter this year as a family! I do love Easter and try my hardest to keep our family's eyes focused on our Savior and the whole reason the holiday exists. They seem to get it for the most part. I can see the wheels turning, especially Aubrey. Our Bible verse was John 3:16 this week and hearing my sweet girls recite that verse from memory just melts my heart and is such a gift! But they were, of course, pretty excited about the egg hunts and their Easter baskets!

We started our morning with looking through their Easter baskets. This year they were filled with lots of neccesities, one book, and one teeny box of jelly beans. The big girls were very excited about their new dresses, flip flops and swimsuit. I can't imagine what they will be like as teenagers if they already love clothes this much!



For any of you who have little girls this is an excellent Christian childrens book series called the Princess Parables. My girls love them and we are trying to collect them all so they each got one in their basket. 




I wish I looked this beautiful first thing in the morning!

Then it was time for the egg hunt.



Then we got dressed and headed  to church.





Not only was it this sweet boy's first Easter, but he was also dedicated! He was prayed for by our church family, our family was prayed for and that just made Easter that much more special for us!





Our day didn't stop there! We had another quick Easter egg hunt after church...

And then we ended our day at our friends house. We have spent the last two Easters with Lance and the Olson family so we all decided to keep the tradition going. The girls love playing at their house and with their girls (they have three girls too. Landon just can't seem to catch a break). I mean they do have a slide inside there house, so what kid wouldn't love it!



 It really was a great Easter spent with my family and friends, and celebrating our risen Savior and His gift of salvation.

0 comments: