We have done some fun Easter and spring crafts which is always a favorite time around here.
A couple of weeks ago I went to lunch with a friend of mine and her girlies. She has a kindergartener in public school and she started telling me all the things they are doing and all the things she has learned. I immediately started comparing and feeling like I wasn't a good home school mom. She told me her daughter was writing 4 to 5 sentence stories. Oh goodness, I started panicking. I hadn't even started Aubrey on writing one sentence yet! Well my sweet friend told me no panicking! I bet she already knows how to do it. Just try it out with her and ask her to write about something she enjoyed doing over the weekend. So I did, and this is what I got!
So she knew how to do it already! And now a few times a week she writes her own little story. That same day, we were outside playing. Aubrey was swinging and she just started reciting a few of her Bible verses that we have been memorizing, just out of the blue. It was as if God used her to tell me I am doing exactly what He has called me to do. He is pretty great isn't He!
I also started Adalyn writing too, and she too has surprised me .
We ordered our little caterpillars, and they are now in the chrysalis stage. If you haven't done this I highly recommend it. It is so much fun for the kids and myself watching them change.
We also made these bird feeders about a week and a half ago and not one single bird has come. So sad. I was really excited about this little science experiment. I'm still holding out!
This wasn't technically "school" time, but they have spent so much time outside playing and blowing bubbles lately. We are just enjoying this weather so much. I can feel that summer heat just around the corner!






s








0 comments:
Post a Comment