Here in California we have been dealing with the issue of gay marriage and tomorrow we will come together as a state and vote to define marriage in the California constitution. The proposition, if passed, will define marriage to be only between "one man and one woman". Jeff and I are obviously in support of this proposition and have been educating people on the consequences if it fails as well as praying that marraige will remain sacred in the way God intended it. (For more go to www.protectmarriage.com)
On Saturday we went to the County Clerk's office to drop off our ballots. As we got out of our van we saw 2 women in their wedding dresses after their ceremony, and several other homosexual couples inside getting married. There was a reporter there with the New York Times interviewing homosexual couples on this issue. Jeff told the reporter that she should get interviews from people opposing gay marriage. So she did, and part of his interview was actually on their website today, along with our family getting into the car. Here is our family's debut on the web! (1 min 40 seconds into the video)
Monday, November 3, 2008
Yes on Prop 8: Our Family's debut on NY Times
Posted by The Skains Family at 11:18 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
go Jeff!
Yay!!! Good for you guys, what a testimony to everyone and especially your kids one day!!
You're famous! I think that's great that y'all are taking a stand about this-- it's scary what the impact could be.
I'm proud to be yall's friends! Way to go standing up for the traditional definition of marriage and doing so in a respectful, kind way.
Hey! I found you too! It's so fun to catch up with people - your kids are so cute! I hear y'all will be coming to BJ and Mandy's wedding in June - will be fun to see you!
Post a Comment